Are you a computer expert who enjoys troubleshooting and fixing PCs (or Macs) as well as working with people?
Welcome to the DoctorDave employment page. Hopefully you are visiting because you or someone you know is looking for a great job opportunity. DoctorDave is one of the most highly respected and trusted computer support companies in Lawrence, Topeka, and all of the Kansas City Metro. Check out our reviews. Working with DoctorDave and our clients will be exciting, fun, intellectually stimulating, challenging, and rewarding.
Do you have a passion for troubleshooting and fixing computers? Is your ultimate concern helping people, instead of worrying about billable hours and sales quotas? Have you tried going out on your own but got frustrated with having to do all the back office stuff like invoicing, marketing, and insurance?
Our ideal candidate is the type of person who consistently goes out of their way to take care of customer needs. Friends and family rely on you not just for computer help, but for rides to the airport, manual labor on moving day, and a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. Your willingness to help others should shine as brightly as your technical abilities. We are looking for individuals with professional experience in either Windows or the MacOS (or both!)
You’ll be performing minor hardware repairs, malware removal and software troubleshooting on all types of personal computing equipment on-site in Lawrence. We also service the Topeka and Kansas City Metro area. We offer travel/mileage reimbursement.
In order to excel at this job, you absolutely have to love working with people. You won’t be behind a desk looking at a computer screen. You’ll be helping real people in their homes and offices with computer problems they face. You’ll leave each client with immense satisfaction of a job well done and their gratitude. Expect clients to bake you cookies and send you home with a goodie bag. They truly appreciate the work you do, unlike many corporate environments. The power of a sincere “thank you” is one of the best parts of this job.
We don’t work on servers or advanced networks so your MCSE, Cisco and other certifications aren’t relevant in this job (although we admire your initiative in getting certified). We focus on workstations and end users and need applicants with direct experience on desktops. A+ certification is helpful but cannot replace the real-world experience we desire. Our focus is clients with five computers or less in small offices, home offices and residential environments.
If you want some background about our company and how we do things, you should check out our main business home page. In particular check out our media coverage. We are a brand leader in this region, and nationally.
What are the requirements?
- Multiple years of professional hands-on computer support experience on Windows and/or Mac OS X desktop operating systems as well as experience with common home networking devices. We strongly prefer professional experience; this means more then simply working on friends and family members’ systems. We would like to see a minimum of one year of experience servicing internal or external clients.
- Clear ability to think “outside-the-box” and come up with ideal and unique computer solutions.
- You should be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities, be professional in appearance and demeanor, attentive to detail and have a strong drive to delight customers.
- Genuine and sincere interest in meeting people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences and be comfortable going into these customer’s businesses and homes (including ones with large slobbering dogs)
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
We offer and pride ourselves in:
- Above average industry pay ($20-$40 an hour generally, depending on skill, experience and availability)
- Part-time and full-time work with extremely flexible hours on days, evenings and weekends depending on your preference
- No sales quotas or upsell requirements. Your only requirement is to delight the customer.
- Benefits possibilities include health care, retirement and vacation
- Clear opportunities for advancement, training and increased compensation. This isn’t a dead end job. As we grow, you’ll be growing with us.
- Above all, working for a company that respects your talent and unique approach.
- Something not on this list? Ask and we’ll accommodate you. We take care of the people that take care of our customers.If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for your skills and talents, please send me your resume and cover letter highlighting your background and experience. We are looking for full time and part time positions. Evenings and weekends are not a problem if you are looking to supplement your income from your “day job.”Our part-time opportunity is perfect if you are currently a computer technician or IT professional and want extra hours on the side or if you aren’t ready to commit to full time employment.
A subtle warning: we are extremely selective and we have an interview process I’ve honed over twenty years just to make sure we have the right people taking care of our customers. Please do not take offense if we don’t hire you. While your talents may be great, we need just the right fit for our customers. We know what they want in technicians which is why we are selective. We do interviews over email, phone and in person and do background checks on all final candidates for our client protection and safety. We’re willing to take the time to find just the right person and appreciate your patience in our process.
If interested, please email us with a resume and cover letter. Please, no phone calls and we can only respond to qualified applicants.
Our technicians truly enjoy their job. They meet interesting people and solve problems on a daily basis and end the day with a sense of accomplishment and pride. Most of all we have fun and we’d love to have you as part of our family if it is a good fit. We are willing to give you the pay and benefits you need to be part of our team.